We serve this item at the following location:
Oysters Rockefeller Recipe
- 2-8 oz fresh/frozen spinach packages (boiled & chopped)
- 2 cups chopped green onions
- 1/4 lb bacon finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Herbsaint absinthe liqueur
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 oz Herbsaint
- 1 cup celery
- 1/4 lb butter (unsalted)
- 1-2 oz can anchovies (chopped fine)
- 1/4 cup of parsley (finely chopped)
- salt, red, white & black pepper to taste
- 2 dozen oysters
- 2 tbsp chopped red bell pepper (optional)
1. In a medium saucepan over high heat cook bacon until brown and crispy
2. When crispy, add Herbsaint and simmer for 4 minutes
3. Turn down heat to low. Add all ingredients, stir well, cover, simmer until veggies are soft.
4. Shuck 2 dozen oysters, wash, then par boil them.
5. Rinse 2 dozen of the shells, put the oysters in, then cover completely with Rockefeller sauce.
6. Put rock salt in a large platter, place oysters and Rockefeller on top, then bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.