We serve this item at the following location:
Crabmeat Bienville Recipe
- 4 oz grated Romano cheese
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1/4 lb butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 lb lump crab meat
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp each of red, white & black pepper
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 oz chopped boiled shrimp
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over low heat.
- Add flour until thickened. Cook this roux over low heat, stirring often for 10 minutes.
- Be sure not to brown your roux, it should be a white roux.
- Add cheese, whipping cream, milk, parsley and seasonings.
- Cook until cheese is melted and sauce thickens.
- Boil shrimp in separate pot with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Drain and chop shrimp and add just when the cheese is melted.
- Fold in lump crabmeat.
- Transfer to casserole dish and sprinkle a teaspoon of bread crumbs on top.
- Brown at 325º for 15 minutes in oven and serve.